Wednesday, July 10

Review: Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color Lip Balm

Lipsticks and lip glosses can be pretty high maintenance, especially when you have peeling lips. As much as I love them, I find myself giving lipsticks and lip glosses a miss more and more often lately. I just don't wish to deal with the colored flakes hanging off my lips and tinted lip balm sounded like a better alternative. I chanced upon the Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color Lip Balm when I was in Bangkok about two months ago. It wasn't available in Singapore then so I was really interested to try it out.


I've never been a fan of the regular Maybelline Baby Lips. I've gone through several tubes of them in my early teens and they are really moisturizing but all the flavors I've tried smelled more like chemical than anything else and it really puts me off. I hate the chemical scent so much that I gave up using the Maybelline Baby Lips altogether. I still have one in Mango that was gifted to me a couple of months back and I don't think the formulation of the Baby Lips have changed much as the chemical smell is still present.

Thankfully, the Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color lip balm smells more pleasant than the regular version. They do have a slightly fruity scent and they definitely do not reek of chemical like the regular Baby Lips. In terms of formulation, the lip balm is very moisturizing and they make my lips feel very smooth. I find myself going through a longer period of time before I feel the need to reapply any sort of lip balm and that's great because the product is keeping my lips nicely hydrated. 

I have four out of five of the Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color and I love them all. They're not very pigmented but they do offer a slight wash of color on my otherwise pale lips and they do impart a very nice shine as well. I wear them on days when I wear makeup to complete my look and also on days when I don't wear makeup to add a hint of color to my face. The four colors that I have are not very pigmented so I can apply them without looking into a mirror. 

The most pigmented of the four that I have is Berry Crush. It's an extremely sheer red that is very wearable. It's probably my favorite of the lot as it's more pigmented and shows up better than the other three colors.

Rose Addict is a sheer rosy pink. It's lighter than Berry Crush but they're still pretty similar in color. It's a very flattering shade of pink that goes well with all sorts of makeup look and I like to throw this into my makeup pouch for use on the go.


Corals are a staple for summer and Coral Flush is a good way to introduce oranges and corals to your makeup look. It's a bright orange but it's not very pigmented and it doesn't look like a lot like orange on my lips. My natural lip color still shows through after I've applied Coral Flush and it looks like a nice shade of coral with an orange undertone.


Cherry Kiss is more of a traditional coral. It has a pink undertone which makes it very wearable. I'm a big fan of coral and I definitely like this color very much as well.


There is one more in the collection, Pink Lolita, which I believe is a light shade of pink. I don't think I will pick that one up but I'll be sure to repurchase Berry Crush!

The Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color lip balms are such great tinted lip balms and I love all the four colors that I have. They're not the most pigmented tinted lip balms but I like that about them because it makes it so easy to use them on the go. I've been using them on a daily basis and they've become a permanent fixture in my makeup routine. Have you tried the Maybelline Baby Lips Loves Color lip balms? Let me know if you like them as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment